Monday, November 25, 2013

Craig's Helpful Tips

Considering it’s that time of year when we count our blessings, it’s worth noting the main things that have helped me get better this past year.  In a short answer...I have to say, Craig.

I am so Thankful for my husband.

I was talking with him recently and we both came up with a several key components that have aided in my recovery.  He had a few things that helped him, helped him help me, and helped our marriage.

So, whether you are personally struggling with depression and anxiety, or you want to help a loved one, maybe you will be able to benefit from his advice.

Craig’s Points:
Communication, Communication, Communication:  We talked about everything – and I mean everything.  We still talk on a regular basis.

Helped get the ball rolling with the initial step to find a counselor

Talked with and got guidance from a man whose wife deals with the same issues

Doing own research online and gaining a fearful respect for the disease

Wanting to see things get better

Prayer and sacrificing own wants at times

Learning to recognize when to just listen – it’s not about the nail

Realizing it can’t be “fixed”

Continued patience and sacrifice

Recognizing that this will always be a struggle to some extent – there will be good days and bad days.  It is a long journey, have to be in it for the long hull.

Being committed to our marriage in good times and in bad
 
-------------------------
 
Thank you, Craig, for helping me on this journey to find mental health.
(Stay tuned tomorrow for more on this topic)

No comments:

Post a Comment