Friday, January 25, 2013

More Beautiful You

{Photo taken by the one and only, Craig!}
Writing has opened doors and windows for me.

I have kept a journal since I was a girl.
Blogging is way different than I thought it would be.
I have to have a point.
I have to make each entry polished and clean.

In my journaling experience, I would ramble and either feed my anger or wallow in my sadness.
When writing a post, I have discovered that I can give purpose to my daily scribbles.
The more I write in this way, the more honest I want to be.
I have already experience numerous "vulnerability hangovers".

Some days, I can easily express my soul.
And the words on the page seem to take on a different life of their own.
Sometimes, a piece that I think might be dumb, ends up being someone’s fav.
Those moments are grand.

Today is not one of those moments.

Ever since I started posting, I’ve tried to write from where I am now.
Sometimes, all I can do is say it in a prayer, a poem, or a bunch of silly quotes.
Sometimes, I can't "say" (write) anything at all...for days.
And sometimes, the lyrics to a song can say it better than I ever could.

This is today’s song, well, really just today's line...
 
 
"You were made to fill a purpose that only you can do."
 

You can listen to the mystery song here.


No comments:

Post a Comment